With the implementation of the new system, downloading the Aadhaar Card has become much easier and it is only a click away now. Now, you can easily download a duplicate copy of the Aadhaar Card or e-Aadhaar card very easily through the online website of UIDAI.
Don’t worry if your Aadhar Card is lost or misplaced, as now you can download a duplicate copy of the Aadhaar Card in Online. Those people who have applied for Aadhaar but not year received it even though they got an SMS confirming that their Aadhaar card has been successfully processed can also download a copy of Aadhaar card from the official website. This is also called as e-Aadhaar, and it has the same validity as the original Aadhar card which will be delivered via Post to you.
This e-Aadhaar Card will also be accepted as the original aadhar card as a valid residential proof or valid ID wherever the Aadhaar card will be accepted.
Requirements to Download e-Aadhaar Card Online
To download a duplicate copy of the Aadhaar card, it is necessary for a person to have all the details that are there in the Aadhaar enrollment acknowledgement slip that will be given to you after completing the registration process of the Aadhaar Card at the enrollment center. If you have this Aadhaar enrollment acknowledgement slip with you, you can easily download the e-Aadhaar card by name through online. The instructions are very simple, and it will be easy to understand by the people.
Previously, there were no systems for Aadhaar card download by name through online. But, now the system is in place. Using this you can also check the status of your Aadhaar card, and if it is ready, you can download it in online in a proper way as given below.
Download e-Aadhar Card Online Using Aadhaar Registration Details
People who have their Aadhaar enrollment acknowledgement slip can directly follow the below-given steps and download their Aadhaar Card.
Step-1: Visit the e-Aadhaar Online portal.
Step-2: Enter your registration details such as Enrollment No., Date time, Resident Name and Pin code from the acknowledgement slip of the Aadhaar Registration (OR) if you have the Aadhaar aCrd number with you, you can directly select the “Aadhaar” radio button from “I have” option given at the top.
Step-3: Now, you will get an OTP password to your mobile number that is registered in the form of SMS. You need to enter this OTP password in the respective field online. With this, you will get the page with a download button through which you can download the Aadhaar Card copy in the PDF format. This PDF will be protected with the password.
Step-4: So to finally view your Aadhaar Card, you need to enter the Pin Code in the field given there. Once you enter the password, your Aadhaar Card will be downloaded on the screen and you can use it as original proof.
Procedure to Download Aadhaar Card if you Lost Aadhaar Enrollment ID
If you lost your Aadhaar card Enrollment ID and if you don’t know your Aadhaar number, you can download it in the following way.
- Visit https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- Now, select the option, “Aadhaar No (UID)” OR “Enrolment No (EID)”, which is present under “You want to receive your lost:”
- Give your full name, email address registered Mobile Number and security code as shown.
- Now, click on “Get OTP” button.
- After clicking the button, OTP (One Time Password) you will get the OTP to your mobile or else the email address you have given.
- In the respective box, you can enter OTP you received at that moment on your mobile and email address and then finally, tap on “Verify OTP”.
- Now you will get a message to your mobile with Enrollment ID or Aadhaar card number as you have opted in Step 2 above.
- After that, you need to visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- Select respective option, “Enrollment Id” OR “Aadhaar”, under the field “I have”.
- Now, enter your Enrollment Id or Aadhaar card number, full name, Pin Code, security message and mobile number.
- Finally, tap on “Get OTP”.
- Once you receive OTP to your mobile or email, enter it in “Enter OTP” box and then click on “Validate and Download.”
- Now you need to enter your Pin Code as the password to download your e-Aadhaar card in the PDF form, you can save it and take a print out of it to use it as original card.